N&W Diesels; DM&IR

Sat May 20 07:37:51 EDT 2017

DMIR would commonly lease out part of it's locomotive fleet in the winter. All the Great Lakes ore lines did it for that matter. When the Lakes were frozen over in the winter and ore boats weren't hauling ore they would lease out power to more southern railroads who needed it.N&W had the DMIR RSD15s and SD9s on multiple separate occasions.Clinchfield had DMIR SD9s multiple times.DTI had LSI U25Cs several times.Those are just off the top of my head.

Josh Blevins
Charlotte NC

Bill

Bill McClure