N&W Diesels; DM&IR

Sat May 20 09:35:53 EDT 2017

Bill -

The DM&IR lease covered six Alco 2400 HP six axle jobs and four SD9s.  They were mainly used on the Scioto Division where I was working at the time.  Over a period of time I got to run all of them.  When they came to Portsmouth they were extremely clean.  Their use in the iron ore country had gotten them some interesting characteristics; they had six-cylinder air compressors which were fun to listen to when they were working.

Somewhere I have slides of several of them.

Ed King