N&W Diesels

Fri May 19 14:54:01 EDT 2017

Evan:

I think that the passenger GP9s were numbered 500-521, in other words 22 of them, not 28.

As far as I know, VGN 6, the 44 tonner, may have run for a time as VGN, but was sold fairly quickly, and never wore N&W paint.

Leased for a time in the late 1950s were some Pennsy GP9s to hasten dieselization, in addition to the leased RF&P and ACL E-units to bump the Js from mainline service. If I also recall correctly, N&W leased some motive power from the DM&IR for a period about 1961 or 62.

I only mention those for the sake of someone who might want to add some different power, but be correct with using it.

Best
Ken Miller