Ringling Brothers train on the Shenandoah Division during Tuesday, May 9.

Mon May 8 23:11:23 EDT 2017

[Re-posted from the Virginia Railfans list]

Northward run (Valley) of the RBBB Blue Unit
Mon May 8, 2017 6:50 am (PDT) . Posted by:
"John Fuller" john_w_fuller

The final performance of the RBBB circus train "Blue Unit" will be in Uniondale, New York, a suburb of New York City that's a short distance out on Long Island. The circus's final performance in Charleston, WV was last night and the train is currently being loaded and assembled. Estimated time of departure is this morning between 0900 and 1200.

Thanks to Rhett, aboard the train, we now have the route from Charleston to Uniondale. I will paste below the portion relevant to us in Northern Virginia, all of which is on Norfolk Southern. Note that the portion through Northern Virginia is predicted to be tomorrow morning:

 KNWA Depart CHARLESTON, WV 09:00 Mon 05/08/17
 KNWA Arrive Deepwater, WV Crew Change 12:01 Mon 05/08/17
 KNWA Depart Deepwater, WV 12:30 Mon 05/08/17
 KNWA Arrive Elmore, WV - KNWA handoff to NS - Crew Change 18:30 Mon 05/08/17

 NS Depart Elmore, WV 18:45 Mon 05/08/17
 NS Arrive Bluefield, WV Crew Change 00:45 Tue 05/09/17
 NS Depart Bluefield, WV 01:00 Tue 05/09/17
 NS Arrive Roanoke, VA Crew Change 05:00 Tue 05/09/17
 NS Depart Roanoke, VA 05:15 Tue 05/09/17
 NS Arrive Shenandoah, VA, Crew Change 11:15 Tue 05/09/17
 NS Depart Shenandoah, VA 11:45 Tue 05/09/17
 NS Arrive Harrisburg, PA Crew Change 18:00 Tue 05/09/17
 NS Depart Harrisburg, PA 18:15 Tue 05/09/17

 The route between Shenandoah and Harrisburg, not shown above, will likely be
 (per my SPV Atlas) as follows:

 Shenandoah
 Front Royal (and Riverton Jct)
 Berryville
 Charles Town, WV
 Shenandoah Jct, WV
 Hagerstown, MD

If I learn the train's times at any of these stations, I'll post them here.  Postings from railfans along the route are welcomed and encouraged.

John Fuller
Alexandria

If anyone takes a video of the train passing Boyce depot, I will welcome a copy.

Best wishes,

Frank Scheer
f_scheer at yahoo.com