BH Tower, Walton: Thoughts on Mr. Gordon's Photo of thee CTC Machine

Thu Apr 27 20:12:41 EDT 2017

I continue to greatly enjoy the excellent photos of Bill Gordon.

Questions:  The caption of the  picture of the Huckleberry taken in Christiansburg states that the Huckleberry ran from Radford to Christiansburg to Blacksburg, then back to Christiansburg, then to Elliston, then back through Christiansburg to Radford.  This is the first mention I have ever seen of the Huckleberry going to Elliston.  Does anyone know if Elliston was indeed a part of this route and, if so, why?

Also, only the Christiansburg to Blacksburg and return portion of the Huckleberry’s route was shown on the timetables.  Why was not the Radford origin and destination shown?  While few would have ridden from Radford to Christiansburg or Blacksburg, this was a daily part of the route yet never shown.

Thanks,

    Ray Smoot