Bognor Regis

Tue Apr 25 12:41:25 EDT 2017

Spot on. A more polite version “Book for Bognor” has been proposed but it lacks credence in my view.

The house KG5 used for his recovery was unfortunately demolished a while back.

The Regis designation came as a result of the royal visits. The Bognor part of the name refers to black rocks just offshore and which are visible at low tide. These prevented the beaches being considered for a German invasion in WW2. There are still the remains of a part of the Mulberry Harbour  which came ashore in a storm in 1944. It makes excellent rock pools.

Regards

Phil Mortimer

Bognor Regis,

West Sussex