Roanoke Railcam

Sun Apr 23 18:10:15 EDT 2017

I have seen enough messages posted on the NWHS Mailing List to know that many users are aware of the website, roanokerailcam.com, whose camera is mounted on the "Crystal Walkway" in front of the Hotel Roanoke and is directed westward toward the NS tracks there.

What some may not have noticed is that for some time a time slider has been provided at the bottom on the video screen that allows the user to view the scene up to about four hours earlier.  For instance, today at about 5:30 pm, by using the slider I was able to view the departure of the 611 excursion train that took place at 3:00 pm while I was away from my computer.

Gordon Hamilton