Passenger trains operational questions

Tue Apr 11 17:15:50 EDT 2017

I have a shot of MS 1346 on the Pennsy in Newark, NJ in 1966. Several shots
of PRR, Southern & ACL cars too. There's a shot someplace of a KCS car in
Roanoke Station in steam days.

Roger Huber

Moderator:

------------------------------
*Sent:* Tuesday, April 11, 2017 3:01 PM
*Subject:* Re: Passenger trains operational questions

I have seen Southern head end cars in Bluefield on a regular basis. I
assume they had come from Washington on the Southern. It stands to reason
that N&W cars were in the pool, and thus went off line. There are photos of
N&W head end cars in Atlanta.  PRR box express and express reefers were
common on the Lynchburg to Bristol joint Southern trains. I think I
remember seeing REA express cars, and I think even ACL express reefers on
N&W trains, but I don't think it was a common occurrence.

Jim Nichols

On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 10:40 AM, NW Mailing List <