Hand powered derrick

Thu Feb 16 21:31:34 EST 2017

William J Powers:
I do not know about an NKP hand powered derrick coming to Roanoke nor
should I living in Lynchburg (55 miles +/- east of Roanoke) and not moving
back to the area until '70. However, around 1990, I photographed a Wabash
hand powered derrick east of the East End Shops in Roanoke. I do not know
the disposition of it. I will dig out the color slide as time permits.
Note to Harry B. :: NKP 50008 (N&W 550008), delivered in '48, is shown as
assigned to Ft. Wayne in my post merger records.
Charlie Long
Lynchburg