Card tickets

Mon Feb 6 06:47:40 EST 2017

Hello, all:

Does anyone have thoughts about what destination card tickets a station
agent had on hand.  Most card ticket cabinets for small depots had between
12 and 24 chutes, so not all origin-to-destination pairs were available.  I
suspect it was limited to stations within 25 miles either way from a depot,
plus some of the larger cities on the same division.  Perhaps the agent
ordered the printing based upon the sales frequency during the previous
year.

I've created a facsimile 1-1/4 by 2-1/4 inches card ticket for Boyce to
Roanoke.  The cardstock used was approximately 40 point which is about one
millimeter thick.  For now, I'll print these on paper so that I can hand
them out as samples to visitors with a validator imprint on the back.

Best wishes,

Frank Scheer
f_scheer at yahoo.com

Moderator: