signals and peanuts

Fri Jan 20 07:24:07 EST 2017

Thanks Bill and Harry.  In looking at Google maps, it appears that there
was a wye North of Petersburg at Woodlawn.  The SW leg continues down to
Ettrick (Harry is this the newer ACL bypass you mentioned?).   The SE leg
appears to have run down along I95 and crossed the river on a bridge whose
supports are still in place, and then into what appears might have been
another wye at the station.  Was this now-removed section from the station
to Woodlawn the route the N&W Canonball would have taken to Richmond?
Would the photo in front of the peanut plant have been taken near the
current grade crossing with 5th street?
Jim