Anyone know what train this is?

Fri Jan 13 19:45:31 EST 2017

I agree with the description in the ebay listing. It is train 23, the all
stops mainline local,?and this is a typical consist. It is sometimes
mistakenly identified as train 9 because it followed the Bristol line?to a
stop in Radford. But it then backed up to Walton and resumed its journey to
Bluefield. The back up move was accompanied by a recurring air whistle from
the rear vestibule. I know this because I rode it once.

Jim Nichols

Hello, Jim:

A 30-feet RPO is visible in the train consist.  The attached COLUMBUS &
NORFOLK RPO schedule shows Train 23, including the side trip between
Radford and Walton.

Good afternoon,

Frank

Moderator: