Fri Dec 30 08:56:48 EST 2016

Last night on the last Wednesday of 2016, I had the pleasure of "Takin'
Twenty" with Wis Sowder.  We were the only two there for the meeting.  We
were surrounded by a party of about 25 so the time spend was shortened.

 I asked Wis how his Christmas was and he said it was great with all his
children and grand children at his daughter's home.  I also spent Christmas
with my three sons and five grandsons at our home.  Wis, who lives alone
with his cat, told me how he only heats his immediate living area and saves
money. I told him of my favorite Christmas present from my Bride, a
multifunctional audio player that looks like an old timely radio.  It plays
CD, phonos (33-1/3, 45 and 78 rpm) AM-FM radio and several other functions
I have yet to read the instructions for.  My favorite part is the phonos
where I can play all of my old LPs....Mr. Guitar himself Chet Atkins (I
have a whole collection of these).  Yesterday I found a record I've been
looking for in the Seldom Scene Act IV album of John Duffey belting out his
version of "Life is like a mountain railroad"!  Don't tell Ken Miller, but
I also found some old Beatles albums....

 The ebay report this time has the following VGN RWY items sold:  Builder's
Plate off a VGN EL-C for $1,430.05; 1941 Round shaft brass heart-shaped VGN
lock for $300.00; 1946 Instructions on Combustion and Firing Methods for
$54.97; 1943 VGN Operating Rule Book for $17.50; 1911 Post card with photos
of the Virginian Passenger Station and Freight Depot in Roanoke for $22.00,
and a 1948 Misc. Equipment Drawings and Data for $150.00.

 Wis and I were having some  trouble hearing  above the crowd so we wished
each other a Happy New Year and left.

 Then there's this:  I have only one New Year's Resolution:  To recognize
the difference between wants and needs.  May I have all I need and want all
I have.

 Time to pull the pin on this one,

 Departing Now from V248,

 Skip Salmon