Website for VGN depot

Thu Dec 15 08:21:34 EST 2016

Hi Mike

I'll start out by saying that I'm not in any way shape or form an official source for information on the station project.

Regardless of that. The station is virtually complete on the outside, but with some cost overruns in the construction part, there was very little money and virtually none of my time to devote to the display portion of the project. So, as it stands at the moment, the display materials there are limited to mostly framed photos and a few other things. Believe me, there is a far grander plan in place and will hopefully begin to be executed in the first quarter of 2017.

We are also looking for a tenant for the passenger portion that will bring in revenue to help maintain the building for the long haul. So, hint, hint, if someone knows of a person or persons looking for space, we'd love to have them talk with our realtor.

With the displays not really complete, and it is all volunteer, we have no visitor hours in place as of yet. Even when it goes to that, it will be limited to volunteer availability.

If you'd like to see the place, one of us, myself, Skip or Jeff Sanders would be glad to arrange for a mutually convenient time to visit.

Just as a side note, the N&WHS Board of Directors will be holding their meeting in February at the station.

Best
Ken Miller