Electric switch lantern? No. 2

Mon Sep 5 15:53:21 EDT 2016

Abe

The standard switch stand was made by Adlake.  The attached photo shows two
new old stock ones that came from the N&W Storehouse in Roanoke.

This type had a hinged top that made swapping the bulb a simple chore.

I remember when they were installed but the date would be just a guess.
Mid 1960's.  I can remember driving over the park street bridge and looking
West at all the new shining switch lights.

You know who.

Jim Blackstock

Moderator: