BREAKING: Former NS CEO Moorman to lead Amtrak

Sat Aug 20 09:17:23 EDT 2016

Bad decision on Mr. Moorman's part. He is a civil engineer and has spent his career working in a real, for-profit business. In his new job it will be all politicians, lobbyists, career bureaucrats who for have never eaten anywhere except at the public slop-trough, "Public Policy makers," gubmint agency drones, and all manner of other political appointees and hack special-interest types, all having their hands out.

They will very quickly sand-bag him into the role of a powerless figure head, and tell him what he can and cannot do. He will not be allowed to disturb the government institutionalization of graft, corruption, influence-peddling and pay-offs. It is, after all, THEIR turf, not his. They have controlled it effectively for decades, and no outsider will be allowed to interfere with their flow of under-the-counter enrichment.

I bet he regrets the decision to go to a Gubmint "agency" within three months, and my guess is that, in frustration, he will leave in a year. I hope he takes along a very large bottle of nerve pills...

-- abram burnett