Photo locations

Mon Aug 1 09:12:30 EDT 2016

On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 9:38 PM, Jeff wrote:

The second photo shows a westbound at Forest, VA.

a fairly long tangent passing several RR structures.  The signal bridge
looks a bit unusual compared to others I have seen in photos and what is
that block building in the left foreground?"

I'll go with Forest, looking east from somewhere just about across from the
station. If you look under the signal bridge, you can see equipment sitting
on the "Main Line" while the work train is coming off the Lynchburg Belt
Line. The brick building is the tower for that location, which controlled
crossovers and the wye between the two lines (which one can still find
traces of back in the woods there). I don't remember where I found this
image, but it shows the layout for that whole junction.

Bruce in Blacksburg
[image: Inline image 1]