Cargo heaters

Thu Jul 7 08:10:00 EDT 2016

I'm told that those were used in refrigerator cars during the winter to keep the fruits and vegetable from freezing in sub zero temperatures. I've had a Santa Fe one, a Wabash one and an unmarked one. I suspect they were no longer used after the end of the wooden car era, which in places, probably was early 1980s.

Ken Miller