Conjectures on the Location of the Original "Shafers Crossing"

Sun May 15 08:59:18 EDT 2016

For sixty years, I have wondered where "Shafers Crossing" may have been.

Running across an 1888 USGS Topo map kindled the spark again and gave some
clues.

I am attaching a PDF which contains my musings and gratefully acknowledges
the help of some good and friends who patiently held my hand in the quest.

I am not so brazen as to believe that I get things right the first time, or
that I get them right at all.  So informed comments are solicited.  My
email addy is in the attached PDF.

-- abram burnett