Norton Union "Terminal" Station Interior Finish-out Help

Wed Mar 30 06:53:33 EDT 2016

Russ,

Congrats on your new digs.

If you have a copy of the Standards Book published by NWHS there is a page that shows most of the information you are looking for.

I also wrote an article about station colors for the Arrow; I don't recall off-hand what issue that was, but there was some information about the interiors as well as exteriors.

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD

Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 3:23:54 PM
Subject: Norton Union "Terminal" Station Interior Finish-out Help

List;

I am in the midst of building a new basement, err, house, that will host an HO scale layout of the Clinch Valley and Clinch Valley Extensions of modern NS between St. Paul, Norton and Appalachia, VA. As you come down the basement stairs I want to finish the stairwell and the landing area like the interior of the N&W Union Passenger Terminal / Station in Norton, colors, flooring trim and all.

I have found the appropriate interior paint document on the NWHS Archives site to order.

My question is does anyone know which drawing do I need to order that shows the standard interior trim information that would be appropriate? I am looking to see what the floors were made of, any wainscoting, chair rails, door and window trim, base boards and crown molding that N&W actually used. I have found some of the plans on-line, but they are exterior plans and other documents that might have the correct info, but there is no document preview available.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated in this endeavor.

Regards,

Russ Goodwin

Buford, GA, soon to be Oakwood, GA