NW-Mailing-List Digest, Vol 130, Issue 33

Fri Jan 29 11:47:57 EST 2016

The N&W Handbook caption is wrong, as evidenced by O.H.Borsum's color slide. Apparently Wallace & Wiley saw only a black and white print from Borsum's slide and guessed about the color. I have seen the slide, and the car is green.
Jim Nichols

 According to the N&W handbook by Conley Wallace and Aubry Wiley, the
Chilhowie was painted N&W colors but retained Pullman lettering.

Skip Sledge
Have a nice day - it is much better than a bad one!

Check the July/August 2001 issue of "The Arrow". Lowery was painted red with
stripes and lettered for N&W. Chilhowie apparently was still Pullman green
when scrapped in1962. I'm not sure about Galax, as I don't have access to
the article right now.
Jim Nichols

    On Thursday, January 28, 2016 12:04 PM, NW Mailing List