Pullman Question

Thu Jan 28 20:12:54 EST 2016

Bill,

While I can’t speak specifically to the cars you mentioned, the book The Cars of Pullman by Joe Welsh, Bill Howes & Kevin J. Holland has a photo on page 92, of the 12-1 car “Cuttyhunk” parked at Orlando, Florida in June 1955, painted in N&W Tuscan red with [deluxe] gold lettering and stripes (top and bottom of the car side) along with “Pullman” in smaller lettering near the boarding/step doors. It says the car was withdrawn from Pullman service in 1962.

The book is by Voyager Press (ISBN: 978-0-7603-3587-1) copyright 2010.

Phil Miller