Not NW but,

Wed Nov 4 13:34:15 EST 2015

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 6:24 AM, Mike wrote:

We visited Erwin, TN this afternoon knowing that a few weeks ago CSXT
> announced they would be closing their operations there but were unprepared
> for how swiftly everything has been moved off and out of the yards. No coal
> moves through anymore and it won't be long before the weeds take over. A
> real ghost location on the former once great Clinchfield. Also, the folly
> of building a flyover bridge (Rt 107) (to eliminate motorists having long
> waits when trains block the crossings leading to Main St.) is a stark
> reminder of the dying coal industry.

This was posted in a Facebook group I follow, in a post about how CSX
walked away from Western Maryland's Port Covington in Baltimore and the
rail line to the west with very good clearances. The writer pointed to
"CSX, a poorly run real estate company that fancies itself a railroad."
Based on posted on a variety of rail lists and in groups, CSX is doing more
harm that good with some of its recent decisions.

Bruce in Blacksburg