Shipping Costs, Etc.

Tue Nov 3 17:44:40 EST 2015

Has anyone considered going away from the current system of basing
shipping cost on order price amount, to number of items ordered? with
the current system I could order 1 book and have to pay 12.90 for
shipping when in reality it may only cost 10 bucks. more so I could buy
two of the coffee table books (as I call them) that could be shipped in
1 flat rate box for 15 dollars but end up paying close to 25 dollars for
shipping. I for one have always felt the current system of basing
shipping on price was flawed.

As someone has previously mentioned many places have a place for you to
put in your zip code to have postage calculated, why hasn't NWHS done
this? Is it we are so stubborn in the fact we want it all in house and
on our own website that we refuse to think outside the box? There are a
lot of small places that I purchase from, how do they do it? More then
anything else they have a 'yahoo' store. it takes care of payment and
shipping calculations. Have we not even looked in that?

I'm going to be very frank when I say this, but a lot of the excuses
I've see so far in this thread strike me as a 'stubborn, inside the box,
won't considering anything new because its always been this way' way of
thinking.

Those are my thoughts, and before anyone tries to pull the "Why don't
you run for BoD?" comment on me, its quite simple I live half way across
the country now otherwise I would.

Nathan

--
Nathan Simmons