We need to address shipping policy...Re: 611 Book

Tue Nov 3 15:10:43 EST 2015

/On 11/2/2015 10:42 AM, NW Mailing List wrote:
/

> /When the BoD discussed shipping costs in a digital age it recognized
> that a postage deficit would increase, but the actual cost of some
> products such as drawings could go down if they were sent digitally
> and the overall margin could be expected to increase. The  goal for
> the commissary is to increase the margin. That requires a balance
> between the price of goods sold, postage costs, and digital pricing.
> You can afford to lose on some items if you make up for it on other
> items./
>
> /My suggestion is, if you find this an unreasonable policy, you should
> run for the Board of Directors and, if elected, participate in these
> type of discussions. They occur at every BoD meeting as the BoD
> attempts to balance the wants of the members and the requirements for
> volunteer hours to achieve those wants./
>
> /Alex/

Alex,
     As a matter of fact I do find this policy unreasonable and I have
to ask the question of why the BoD would allow the commissary to operate
at a loss and not explore better ways of shipping where we do not
operate at a loss!!!
Now, along the same lines as that irrational "Vision Statement", why
hasn't the BoD previously enlightened the membership to our deficit
spending? I sometimes wonder who is minding the store?

Jimmy Lisle