NW-Mailing-List Digest, Vol 126, Issue 30 -- Amtrak and NS

Fri Oct 23 11:15:34 EDT 2015

Amtrak owns the tracks from Porter to Kalamazoo, MI.  State of Michigan owns the tracks from Kalamazoo to Townline in Dearborn, MI.
A captive Amtrak service can run from Niles to Dearborn however train would not be able to go into Chicago.
  No passenger trains service Detroit Meto Airport.  Amtrak runs on the Michigan Central, airport is on the Wabash.

  I think in the new Federal Highway funding bill there is an extension for putting PTC into service for three years, 2018.

K. Borg