RPOs in Roanoke (was RE: The Pocahontas Image)

Wed Sep 23 12:18:07 EDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 11:38 AM, Jim wrote:

That is not a BMf in the shadow of the bridge. Looks like a Pg. Besides,
> the RPO on #4 would be the first car behind the engine, and it should have
> been an M1. Apparently the M1 came off at Roanoke and was replaced by a
> BMf, but photos imply that this was not always the case. I still think it
> looks like #24. 9 and 10 generally ran behind a K2.

Taking this discussion off on a tangent . . .

Jim mentions the Railway Post Office car coming off in Roanoke, so where
was the car spotted? Was there a transfer of mail to/from the Roanoke Post
Office (which was where at this time?)? Was mail transferred between the M1
car and the BMf that replaced it?

Bruce in Blacksburg