Gray Station, Mingo County, WV

Sat Aug 22 11:12:47 EDT 2015

Claude,

Jim is correct. Gray was the name of the location now named Lindsay. I
explored the location while working on the Pocahontas Division Book. Gray
was destroyed in a flood, and the track today is located away from the river
here. There is/was more than enough room between the river and the present
tracks for the balance of a seven track yard. Today there are three tracks
here with the center track used for hopper storage. There is also a concrete
pad marking the location of a former structure on the river side of the
tracks near the curve to the east. I think the trees may hide it on a Google
Earth search.

Mason Cooper