Station agents and telegraphers

Thu Aug 20 12:53:47 EDT 2015

We are trying to compile a list of all of the station telegraphers and
agents who worked at the Rural Retreat Depot from 1856 forward. We have bits
and pieces, and we see a lot of overlap, indicating multiple shifts, etc.
The Baumgardners and Akers are pretty well documented, but we know of Price,
Kinder and others that we would like to know service dates and roles. Is
there any record of such in the archives?  Thanks in advance. BTW, we would
really like to know about everyone who worked for the railroad at Rural
Retreat including maintenance, gate keepers, etc, but that might be a tall
order.

Frank Akers

Rural Retreat Depot Foundation