S Saunders, was Re: Class J Shoppings

Sun Aug 9 12:03:50 EDT 2015

Jim,  I would suspect that two of the sources you might have been reading
was "The Wreck of the Penn Central" and "The Men Who Loved Trains".  One
question: on your list of causes I didn't see the forcing of the New Haven
and its continuing debt down PC's throat.  Did you think that wasn't a
significant factor?  Just asking.

Having gotten involved with the New York Central Society (NMRA and three RR
historical societies wasn't enough)including some NYC retirees, I have
heard multiple enthusiastically spoken reasons for the PC failure,
including (shocker)a lot of Red Team-Green Team incompatibiloity.  Funny
how everyone has an axe of one sort.

Abram:  "lawyer who didn't understand business"....now, now, now.

Frank Bongiovanni