Sat. Shot

Mon Jun 29 19:49:36 EDT 2015

I have a New Haven 1396 number plate in my collection that still has original red paint in the background.  This is from a 4-6-2.  I believe I have seen at at least one Southern number plate with a red background.  I am not 100% sure.

Ron Muldowney
Ronald J. Muldowney
52 Dunkard Church Road
Stockton, N.J. 08559-1405
609-397-0293
  Sent: Monday, June 29, 2015 9:52 AM
  Subject: Sat. Shot

  I do not recall ever having seen red number boards on an engine.  Was this genuine Southern Ry practice for these engines like the 4501, or is it just a figment of "modern creative imagination"......?

  If it is the latter, I will venture that it is a rather crass permutation.  People would be incensed if such a thing were done to the 611 or 1218.

  -- abram burnett

  Sent to You from my Telegraph Key
      ... better than AT&T 4G LTE