VMT's Class J Trademark

Mon Jun 1 12:39:31 EDT 2015

NWHS: I greatly disappoints me that our society is in approval with the
trademarking of the 611 and all its J class. If VMT wants to trademark the
current Class J 611 with all the graffiti, that's fine with me. But our
society Should be ashamed of itself in the endeavor and I am shore most
members in the society would disagree with the board's decision. I believe
this should be brought up at the upcoming convention and voted on by the
members.
I have talked someone in experience with the UP tradmarking and learned the
vmt will have a hard time enforcing the trademark. He stated that vmt can
not pick and choice who is to pay the licensing fees including the NWHS.
That would mean the we could not use Ex: "Class 613" as stated on their
trademark website.
I WILL NOT submit anything to VMT for approval on anything that does not
have to do the current modified 611.

This in my opinion is a sad day for our society to condone this behavior and
SHAME ON THE BOARD!
I agree with Jim Brewer 100%.
Stephen Rineair

NW Mailing List