VMT's Class J Trademark

Fri May 29 16:49:11 EDT 2015

I have heard a comment one time that donations from NS if not properly used, shown or publicly open could be subject to recall to NS for their use in the NS archives in Norfolk.  I wonder if they would go as big as this one.
Where did they file for this trademark?

I would think the J trademark would belong to the Norfolk & Western, since they are the original manufacturer.  VMT is not the manufacturer.  Would this not mean that any railroad with a loco numbered 611 would need VMT permission to use the number?  I do know it is open to interpretation but that was how it read to me.

Something for some lawyers to discuss.  Maybe the NWHS has a claim in the J trademark.

James Wall