Locomotive names

Tue May 19 08:21:43 EDT 2015

If memory serves, when the discussion of the pronunciation of Kanawha(the
locomotive and the river) hit the C&O lists, at least three guys wrote in
who said that they had been born and/or raised in that area, and the for
sure correct pronunciation was.......Yep; three different pronunciations.

Again, I wonder if there's some very limited local nickname in play here;
recall the discussion about the C&O "yellowbellies".

Frank Bongiovanni