odd photo

Mon May 18 22:22:49 EDT 2015

I don't know why my fingers went to the "L", shoulda been the "Z"
I have an NKP model L1a, Confuscious say I'm Confusced...

yah, they're compounds, I relooked, I have a model of the Z1a, scoured
the Prince pics, there are apparently 2 versions of a Z1a, one pic has
just HUGE front cylinders vs the earlier Z1a, perhaps this was the remod
back to the slide valve but not changing the front pistons as they were
the one piece frame/cylinder body, maybe they shoulda called it the Z1A,
(vs Z1a...see what I did there, huh huh)  when you say that its
"Z1AAAaaaeeeeee"

They mention some clearance issues with the front cylinders like that.

The book also mentions since the Y's displaced the Z's in mainline
running they got bumped to switching service and some mine runs, been
trying to figure out how to use my model, now I know with along the
M2c's I have.

-Lynn-