Locomotive names

Mon May 18 12:30:15 EDT 2015

More than 65 years ago, the N&W’s Class Y-6 was referred to as the “the workhorse of the N&W”.  That is exactly what it was, a WORKHORSE.  I don’t know where this new term came from, but this needs to be stopped.  If the term Warhorse remains, it is a disservice to the 2156 and the old N&W.

The 2156 is a historical artifact and its appearance and information should be accurate and authentic.  As an N&W historian, I cannot let this go by and be a part in this new naming.

Bud Jeffries