Location

Thu May 14 20:41:02 EDT 2015

My mathematics professors would finish a derivation of a formula by appending "QED" for Quod Erat Demonstrandum.  As I recall the English equivalent was something like, "That which was to be demonstrated."

Gordon Hamilton
  Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2015 3:14 PM
  Subject: Re: Location

  Okay Frank,

  I don’t use Latin on the farm and to my knowledge it has never been used here.  Tell what the Latin phrase means since I may have an occasion to use it – if appropriate.

  Bud Jeffries