Breaking News about the NWHS Convention

Wed May 13 15:00:06 EDT 2015

The Norfolk & Western Historical Society has just received permission from
Norfolk Southern to tour the recently modernized and expanded NS yard in
Bellevue, Ohio.  We are adding this to our convention tour on June 19th.

This will fit very nicely with the tour of the Mad River & NKP museum we
had already scheduled.  NS has graciously authorized this visit, and we
will be given a guided tour of the facility, and will be allowed to tour
the locomotive shop.   Sadly, this does mean that we will not be touring
the Fostoria Rail Park as announced previously, but we did feel that this
was a worthwhile exchange.  As previously scheduled, the Friday tour will
be from 8:30 Friday morning back to Marion by 4:30 in the afternoon.  Lunch
(now at the Bellevue museum rather than at the Fostoria Rail Park)and
admission to the museum are still included in the tour ticket price.  For
additional information and registration information please go to the
registration section on the nwhs.org website.

And don't forget that you can still visit the Fostoria Rail Park on your
way to the convention Wednesday, as part of your on-your-own railfanning
Thursday and Sunday.  It is very worthwhile.  On our last visit there we
logged 6 trains in approximately one hour.  There is plenty of free
parking, and it is a very nice facility.

Frank Bongiovanni