tower siding

Fri Feb 27 11:12:43 EST 2015

Drawing Y-539, Plan of Signal Cabin for 32 and 36 lever Machines dated July 16, 1900 is basically the standard tower, however the siding type is not really specified, other than 7/8 inch x 4 inch siding. Shiplap is very likely the type.

Drawing L-295, sheet 1 for the standard 1914 station and specifies "beveled siding", but gives no specific size, I believe that it is 4 inch with a 1 inch overlap however.

The board and batten was standard on the previous standard station from roughly 1902.

The previous tower design is the Victorian eight sided towers of a couple of sizes and their siding was shingle.

Ken Miller