Winter

Tue Feb 10 11:12:52 EST 2015

I’m not sure, but I’d guess that the NS doesn’t usually HAVE snow the waythe CN does . . .

EdK:
Probably not nearly as bad as snow can be to the CN in British
Columbia but in January, 1976, snow had started accumulating
at Bison Yard, Buffalo. N&W sent two Jordan spreaders to keep
the yards clear.  One was being towed backwards from Bellevue
and one of the wings struck a deck plate girder at Erie.  It was
out of commission for a spell. Worst night, the temp was -18 F
and wind was 50 mph. Accumulation was 42 inches.

At one point, Mr. Dunlap had called the Superintendent and
told him he didn't care if Bison used bulldozers, he wanted cars
rolling off the hump.  Believe that was the night the hump
count was 4.  Then Ed Morrison called and wanted me to determine
if the former NYC Yard (Frontier ?)  was humping.  They weren't.
                                                   Harry Bundy