Re: Roderfield Tunnel

Mon Dec 8 21:14:07 EST 2014

The first pic with standard NS painted power shows Vaughn Tunnel just east of Roderfield, WV.  The shot with the Norfolk Southern heritage unit in it is Roderfield Tunnel.

Ed Painter - born in Bluefield, WV - from Narrows, VA - living in North Georgia

Sent from Windows Mail

Sent: ‎Monday‎, ‎December‎ ‎8‎, ‎2014 ‎2‎:‎16‎ ‎PM
To: nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org

Hello can someone help me identify which of these two tunnels is Roderfield Tunnel?

1st is this one https://www.flickr.com/photos/68067207@N00/13985038546/.

The other tunnel is this one pictured here https://www.flickr.com/photos/68067207@N00/14008162285/

Can someone with more experience with the Pokey tell me where the second tunnel is located as I can not find it on any maps.

Also can someone please tell me what are the actual names of the tunnels?  Thank you so much for any help!

-Evan Miller