NEW NWHS BOOKS

Sat Dec 6 15:45:37 EST 2014

I just received the new books about High Bridge and the one about Lambert's
Point Pier 6. WOW! Both are fantastic.

The historical writing about High Bridge and why it had to be replaced and
its construction is great along with the old glass negative photos showing
its construction and wrapped up with the photo of it as a Rails-to-Trails
project. All well done.

The Pier 6 book is equally neat. The fold-open cover showing the layout of
Lamberts Point is nice that it tells what all the features are. No guessing
involved especially with some of the newer features. The history of coal,
construction of pier 6 photos and the info on its use are all great. I
haven't looked at the enclosed CD/DVD to see what that is yet.

Both books are great references for history as well as my interest in
engineering and modeling of the N&W. Thanks for making those available!

Phil Miller
Fredericksburg, VA