signal aspect

Sat Nov 29 13:48:32 EST 2014

Jim:
Rule 283-B (Diverging Approach Diverging) was a late-comer to N&W's
signal rules.  So I was told, it had application on the Lake Region.  Usually
in rule classes, the instructor will give an example where such a signal
is located. By my recollection, there was an example on Cleveland
Terminal.  But look at the INDICATION -- "Proceed through turnouts
or turnouts at prescribed speed preparing to take diverging route
beyond next signal AT PRESCRIBED SPEED".   Note the emphasis.

The interlocked crossovers may be good for 30 MPH, but beyond
the interlocking might be an interlocked junction good for only
15 MPH.

In looking at the Pokey Division track chart, the westbound
home signals near Depot Street also govern the junction
to the CV District.  There is no interlocked signal where
the CV District diverts from the PD District.   Harry Bundy