Bridge near Glenvar

Thu Nov 27 09:10:28 EST 2014

Mike

I have never actually heard a name for the bridge. If I recall correctly, it is a skewed truss bridge, built by Virginia Bridge and Iron with a date of 1907.

Where the two bridges cross the river, timetable east, of the bridge was known informally, on the N&W as Yateman's Curve, and now is called Yateman's. On the VGN, I've never heard it referred to as anything but "Singer", but Singer on the N&W was about a mile west of there, so I don't know if that was something H. Reid picked up or not.

Ken Miller