A Class 1238-1242 Scrap dates

Sun Nov 2 07:24:56 EST 2014

Bud, Ed,

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I do have the book! Just spent the better part
of two hours re-reading certain parts and marveling at the A.

In regards to the slide I have, it seems to be a toss up as to what engine
it could be. My guess is 1242 as Bud mentioned. There is a photo of 1242
and 1200 at Shaffers Crossing under steam on March 27, 1959. on page 159.
So, likely that 1242 was the one photographed.

The photographer, Clark Frazier also captured Y6a 2158 on the same day.

Here is a link to the Y6a
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=504304&nseq=0

I have attached the the image of the A in this email.

Thanks,

Jeff Lisowski

--
"Sic Semper Tyrannis!"