High Bridge - Bridge ID Number?

Mon Oct 13 21:27:55 EDT 2014

 Thank you all very much for the information.  Attached is a photo that
illustrates why I asked the question.  The mileage was noted on each
abutment, but on the east abutment you could clearly see where the N&W
bridge number was once painted on the concrete.  It appeared to have been a
"52" but I wanted to confirm that with the group.  I've only seen this on a
handful of bridges so I was pretty excited to find it on High Bridge.

Also attached is a photo showing the builders plate and the information as
to when the structure was last painted.  Does the "P 84" denonte it was
painted in 1984?  Would Mobil be the brand of paint?  Below that are the
paint codes with the red being primer and the black being the finish coat I
presume?

Jeff Hawkins

*www.railsinvirginia.com* <http://www.railsinvirginia.com>
*www.railfirephotography.com* <http://www.railfirephotography.com>