NYC Sleeper on Post 1954 Powhatan Arrow in Steam Era

Mon Oct 13 15:59:44 EDT 2014

Are you sure it is the Arrow and not the Pocahontas?

Jim Nichols

Watching Pentrex's new DVD release of the old Video Rails "N&W 611" video, one thing stuck out to me that I'm not sure I've seen before.

There is a great pan shot of the Powhatan Arrow with what appears to be a NYC heavyweight sleeper tacked on second to last in the consist. The footage is post 1954 after the skirting had been removed from the cars and there was some head end baggage cars to give a rough era of 1954 or later. (?)

But I'm not sure I have ever seen a through car sleeper on the Arrow.

Jeff Lisowski

--
"Sic Semper Tyrannis!"