Farmville Line Questions

Sat Oct 4 10:56:45 EDT 2014

Bruce,

Wonderful mapping resources; I’ve added them to my various bookmarked resources.

I’m in the process of building Google maps of various removed lines in the area that I live; my tools have been http://historical.mytopo.com/, combined with Google maps search ability, satellite and topo(terrain) views.  Many of the same base maps that are available through the USGS site you linked below are available in mytopo, but without the ability to search them directly; I find in many cases, I have had to find a landform in the historical topo map, then find the same landform in Google’s terrain view in order to find some historical place name on a current map.  Being able to search on the period map is a nice plus.

I’ve seen the transparency slider on another site, but that was limited mostly to cities and was a bit clunkier than this.

Thanks again,

Matt Goodman
Columbus OH