Tunnel

Mon Sep 29 09:27:24 EDT 2014

That is the tunnel at the Alleghany summit on the Virginian line, now NS.

Bud Jeffries
  Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2014 9:27 PM
  Subject: Tunnel

  I have a new hobby--following RR tracks with satellite imagery.  It is cheaper than building a layout.
  Anyway, I have found Montgomery Tunnel, but a bit west of Montgomery, just south of Blacksburg is a single track tunnel.
  I got to Montgomery Tunnel by following the double track west from Salem under the severely angled-end bridge at Singer (?).   I followed the single track over the Singer (?) bridge and got to the mystery tunnel...a bit south of Merrimac.  Do I recall there is a tunnel named Merrimac?
  Thank you,
  Mike Shockley