track centers

Thu Aug 21 13:21:20 EDT 2014

Thanks Grant I do approve of your attention to detail

regards
Richard

Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 6:54 PM
To: nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org
Subject: Re: track centers

For track centers on curves:

TCc = TCt + (K / R)

should work for different scales and units of measure by scaling the term "K".

For all terms in millimeters:

TT3 (1:101.6) scale, K = 4300 [corrected from previous post]

TT (1:120) scale, K = 3000

For all terms in inches:

N (1:160) scale, K = 3

TT (1:120) scale, K = 5

HO (1:87) scale, K = 9

S (1:64) scale, K = 17

O (1:48) scale, K = 30

A disclaimer. . .
I have only tested this empirically in HO scale. Your results may vary with scale and tolerances of wheel gauge, track gauge, track centers, and overhang.

Grant Carpenter
---